- Colour: yellow to yellow-light brown, with light waxy coating
- Appearance: oval, smooth seeds
- Moisture: max. 14,0 %
- Purity: min. 98,0 %
- Broken & split seeds: max. 3,0 %
No matter if split peas (Pisum sativum) are yellow or another variety, they are very healthy. They can be dried, peeled, whole and split. Plus, they have lots of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and a low-fat content. You can buy them at most grocery stores or health food stores.
Be careful not to confuse yellow split peas with split yellow chickpeas or split pigeon peas as these are also all legumes and look similar. However, yellow peas are naturally split when they get dried and are often used to make split pea soup.
Lower Your Cholesterol Levels
As stated earlier, split peas have a good supply of soluble fiber, and can give you about 65 percent of the daily fiber requirements. Fiber is good for you because it helps to lower your cholesterol level. Split pea fiber turns into jelly like form once in the digestive tract, and it binds with the bad cholesterol and pushes it from the body.
Reduces Risk of Cancer
Split peas have isoflavones (especially Daidzeins) which help to lower the changes of getting breast and prostate cancers. Isoflavones are a kind of plant estrogen and therefore, they act like hormones when ingested.
Research shows isoflavones rich in Daidzein also can help soothe hot flashes in women caused by menopause. Both peas and split peas additionally have lots of coumetarol and a research project in Sweden showed that substance can possibly help lessen the chances of developing receptor negative tumors.
Controls Blood Sugar Levels
Split peas also aid in regulating the blood sugar level in your body due to their high fiber content. The peas are a low glycemic type of food, and the fiber is soluble, and also slows the body’s absorption of sugar. This means it helps the body keep glucose levels steady and prevents spikes in the blood sugar level. However, split peas are also a great way to keep your energy levels stable.
Keeps the Heart Healthy
Split peas are heart healthy and lessen plaque or hardening of the arteries. Soluble fiber in them keeps your cholesterol at a lower level, and that is another reason they are good for the heart. They are a good source of potassium and that aids in preventing high blood pressure. Plus, they are a good source of tryptophan, an amino acid that aides the body in producing serotonin, and that helps keep you in a good mood and helps you sleep better.
Helps in Weight Control
Split peas, as stated, are good sources of protein and fiber. Being a good protein source makes them a great choice for vegans or vegetarians to keep them healthy. They are also good to aid in weight loss. Fiber can help you feel full longer, so you are less likely to eat too much. They also are healthy due to containing Vitamin B1, Vitamin B5, Vitamin K, folate, zinc and iron.
These split peas are not high in their calorie content, but you can get lots of energy by eating them because they are full of complex carbohydrates. Try some cooked peas in your next salad, soup or stew or make delicious veggie burger with them.
SPECIFICATIONS OF YELLOW PEAS
- Seeds are processed only by yellow peas (Pisum sativum L.). Processing is under standard as per product information written down bellow:
- This standard applies to mechanically processed seeds, from varieties (cultivars) grown from Pisum sativum, family Fabaceae to be supplied to the consumers.
- The purpose of the standard is to define the quality requirements of mechanically processed seeds after preparation and packing.
- Mechanically processed seeds shall be safe, not irradiated and suitable for processing for human consumption.
- The condition of the mechanically processed seeds shall be such as to enable them to withstand normal transport and handling, and to arrive in a satisfactory condition at the place of destination.
- Synonyms – Matar, Yellow Vatana ;
- Row materials are free from GMO;
- Packaging – 25 kg, 500 or 800kg big bags (tote-bags).
- Attendant documents:
- Original Invoice;
- Packing list;
- Non – GMO declaration;
- Certificate of analysis with main indexes – production date, moisture, impurities, content of broken seeds, LOT Number.
- Additional documents, SGS microbiological analysis, pesticides, aflatoxins etc. Country of origin document, packaging, labeling or other, not-mentioned conditions – All additional documents, requirements and so on are subject of mutual negotiation between both parties.
- Labels – standar ½ of A4 black & white stick on the bag. Text should be pointed in advance from customer and he must be in accordance of EU directives in force. In case of different requirements – more colors, pictures, thickness and surface of paper and other things – additional costs will be charged into a price.
- Fumigation – Only according to buyer’s order. Remark: If transport vehicle is not in accordance of safety work with pesticides from first group of toxics fumigation will not be perform or vehicle will be set off.
|1. Organoleptical (gustatory) analyze:|
|Color||yellow to yellow-light brown, with light waxy coating|
|Appearance||oval, smooth seeds|
|2. Physical requirements:|
|Moisture||max. 14,0 %|
|Purity||min. 98,0 %|
|Broken & split seeds||max. 3,0 %|
|Insect damage||max. 1,0 %|
|Heat damage||max. 0,5 %|
|Different color||3,0 %|
|Black seeds||max. 1,0 pcs per kg|
|Presence of weed seeds||max. 1 pcs per kg|
|Presence of Ambrosia spp and other quarantine species||0,00 %|
|3. Foreign materials:|
|4. Foreign materials||0,2 %|
|Pernicious impurity||free of hair, glass, stone and metal|
|Whole insects, alive or dead (by count)||0,05 % dead insects, 0,00 % alive insects|
|Insect infestation||0,00 %|
|Free from Trogoderma spp. in any stage of its development|
|5. Chemical and microbiological indexes:|
|Content of GMO||free from GMO|
|Remains of pesticides||in accordance of EU directives in force|
|Remains of heavy metals :|
|a. Pb (lead)||max. 0.5 mg/kg|
|b. Cd (cadmium)||max. 0.4 mg/kg|
|c. Hg (mercury)||max. 0.02 mg/kg|