- 25 or 50 lb., 25 kg. multi-layer paper bags (optional poly liner)
- Up to 2000 lb. one-way totes*
- Up to 2000 lb. corrugated bins*
- Custom packaging available
PACKAGING & PROTECTION
At Europrosper Ltd we have a genuine concern for the wholesomeness of the products we deliver. Satisfaction of our clients is for us the most important factor. Therefore, we work closely with our suppliers and customers alike to ensure that our products meet the requirements necessary for successful use in the marketplace.
A significant factor in the success of a food product is its shelf life. Shelf life can be affected by a number of different factors including the ingredients used to produce the product, the properties of the packaging material used, the quality of the package seal, and the storage conditions. Sunflower Kernels, pumpkin seeds, like other nuts, should be protected from excessive light, heat, moisture, and oxygen since these are the factors that induce rancidity and cause the kernel to lose its fresh flavor and aroma.
Shelf Life and Rancidity
Shelf life is reduced by the onset of oxidative rancidity, which occurs when food products are improperly protected. Oxidative rancidity can be defined as the oxidation of unsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids in food products when exposed to various external factors in the environment. This is an irreversible chemical change attributing to undesirable flavors and odors in the product. Hence, the best weapon against rancidity is to prevent it.
Preventing rancidity and maximizing the shelf life:
- PACKAGING: Packaging is an integral component of extended shelf life and productOur responsibility and goal is to ensure that the product leaving the factory is packed in the best possible way, in order to prevent it from rancidity and maximize the shelf life.
- : Once the product leaves our facility, the key aspect in protecting the product’s integrity is the way that you store
- It is recommended to store product in a cool, dry place.
- Optimum storage conditions are no more than 4,4oC (40oF) and no more than 60% humidity.
- Europrosper Ltd. does not recommend storing seeds at temperatures higher than 23.8°C (75°F) or relative humidity higher than 60%.